Thursday, October 20, 2005

What do a bowling pin, lipstick, and a mystery novel have in common?

They all made the locals at my postal service ask me:
“What is it that you DO anyway?”

I am always amazed at the creativity of people. One reader sent me his favorite Rod Stewart CD, another a Mystery Novel that I could NOT put down, and yet another sent me a collection of makeup perfect for my skin tone!
The list of the great gifts I received from you all is too long to mention here. I just want to say to you:
Mission Accomplished!

One of you addressed the package to “Countess Barbara.” So everyone at the mail service now greats me as "Countess" when I walk in, loudly, in front of other customers! I've even registered the URL CountessBarbara.com. Send me your ideas on how to monetize this concept!


One reader wrapped her secret package so convincingly, the post office made her open it for inspection before mailing it .

I want to thank you ALL for helping me stir up the rumor mill in my new town here. I promise I am using EVERY single gift that was sent to me.

I’ll write more about small-town Arizona life this weekend. I’ve got a story to tell you about my visit to a biker bar...

Hugs,
Barbara

No comments: